(from 21/8 to 4/9)
"I got kicked out of Barnes together with Noble i time for moving all the bibles into the fiction section."
The solely somebody you lot may compare yourself to is yourself inward the past. And the solely somebody you lot should endeavour to move improve than is yourself inward this moment.
Never purchase whatsoever diamonds, together with assist halt the mafia-like diamond industry.
More information close the rattling shady diamond work concern inward this Priceonomics article: http://goo.gl/KSZGBK
If you lot handle to improve your internal world, your external the world volition unremarkably improve every bit well.
One nighttime when I was 22, I was sick alongside a mutual frigidity fever together with was shaking. I couldn't slumber together with it was 3AM, thus I lay on KLF's ambient album "Space" to brand me sleepy.
Instead, the black atmosphere of album sucked me inward -- thus much that spell it was playing, I literally thought I was going to give-up the ghost when it ended.
Now you lot tin hear to it together with perchance lead hold the same experience: http://goo.gl/mFwL0p
1) Two long TV interviews:
* On "Nightflight" inward 1985: http://goo.gl/Xa1Zx7
* On "Egos And Icons" inward 1993: http://goo.gl/NCPSlG
2) The most iconic photograph of immature Kate is from i of her sessions alongside the legend Gered Mankowitz. He's interviewed close Kate past times The Big Issue: http://goo.gl/XoejBc
3) One of the best comments ever on YouTube:
"I intend nosotros won't lead hold some other creative somebody similar this awesome lady ever again, because the popular civilization seems to lead hold gotten the lines betwixt sensuality together with sexuality confused together with blurred."
4) Also encounter the BBC Four documentary called "The Kate Bush Story: Running Up That Hill". It features interviews alongside many of her collaborators, roofing the years from 1978 to 2011: http://goo.gl/g6oq4w
5) Were you lot unable to experience Kate Bush's "Before The Dawn" concerts? Here's a consummate TV recording of her previous together with solely concerts inward 1979, "The Tour Of Life", including 2 documentaries: http://goo.gl/4hKQ1a
"My math instructor staples Burger King task application forms to failed tests."
Good quotes on religion:
1) "If religious people could endure reasoned alongside at that spot would endure no religious people."
2) "Religious wars are basically people killing each other who has the improve imaginary friend."
3) "Religion is a cow. It gives milk, exactly it besides kicks." (Buddha)
4) "Tolerance is to allow others alive similar they want. To appease religious fundamentalists is non tolerance, exactly submission."
5) "A cult is a faith alongside no political power." (Tom Wolfe)
6) "A faith is a cult that succeeded."
7) "Religion is what keeps the piteous from murdering the rich."
8) "Religion is similar chemotherapy, it may solve i problem, exactly it tin drive a meg more." (John Bledsoe)
9) "Those who tin brand you lot believe absurdities tin brand you lot commit atrocities." (Voltaire)
10) "You lead hold non converted a human because you lot lead hold silenced him." (John, Lord Morley)
11) "Religion is a major weapon inward the state of war against reality."
12) "The agency to encounter past times faith is to close the optic of reason." (Benjamin Franklin)
13) "Religion is a civilization of faith; scientific discipline is a civilization of doubt." (Richard P. Feynman)
14) "Philosophy is questions that may never endure answered. Religion is answers that may never endure questioned."
15) "A matrimony of authorities together with faith tends to destroy authorities together with degrade religion." (Hugo Black)
16) "Organized faith is similar organized crime; it preys on peoples' weaknesses, generates huge profits for its operators, together with is almost impossible to eradicate."
17) "Religion is regarded past times the mutual people every bit true, past times the wise every bit false, together with past times rulers every bit useful." (Seneca the Younger)
18) "With or without religion, you'd lead hold skilful people doing skilful things together with evil people doing evil things. But for skilful people to produce evil things, it takes religion." (Steven Weinberg)
19) "A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does non evidence anything." (Friedrich Nietzsche)
20) "The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no to a greater extent than to the betoken than the fact that a drunken human is happier than a sober one." (George Bernard Shaw)
21) "Men never produce evil thus completely together with cheerfully every bit when they produce it from religious conviction." (Blaise Pascal)
22) "If you lot believe everything you lot read, you'd improve non read." (Japanese proverb)
23) "Personally it's non God I dislike, it's his fan social club I can't stand."
And this is i of my favourites:
"Let's non endure thus tolerant that nosotros tolerate intolerance."
Tons of other bully quotes close religion, gods, Christianity, creationism together with atheism: http://goo.gl/6TTtf
Really funny article close how it ACTUALLY is to heighten babies. "The v most horrible things nobody tells you lot close babies": http://goo.gl/gv1h3
Best nativity command I've ever seen!
We all waste product a lot of time. And nosotros all want nosotros could waste product less time, thus nosotros tin orbit to a greater extent than of what nosotros actually desire inward life.
I highly recommend downloading personal productivity bus Dave Navarro's FREE document called "More Time Now". It volition assist you lot construct micro habits, endure to a greater extent than accountable for your actions together with win dorsum upward to 1000 hours yearly: http://goo.gl/DegXzR
What could you lot produce alongside all that time? For example:
* accept assist of yourself
* larn novel skills
* spending them alongside people who immature lady you lot (or whom you lot miss)
* figure out what you lot desire to produce alongside your life (and to acquire started on it)
* construct additional income streams
* pursue an enriching hobby
* brand it shape
* destination all those projects
Interesting article past times Steve Pavlina, "From Hesitation to Investigation": http://goo.gl/p1La5
It's close the value of recognising together with investigating ideas when they come upward up repeatedly, oftentimes inward dissimilar forms or shapes.
RIP neurologist together with writer Dr. Oliver Sacks, who passed away from cancer today. Listen to this Radiolab podcast where Sacks is interviewed for perchance the terminal time, reflecting on his long together with rich life: http://goo.gl/WVGUwi
* Eulogy inward The New York Times: http://goo.gl/6P13QV
* Several interviews collected past times The Atlantic: http://goo.gl/5wO8Pf
Sacks was a gentle together with exploring soul who volition endure deeply missed.
Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 humanizing sentiment on how men tin connect alongside women, written past times a woman. Salon: http://goo.gl/ZXlPmk
Check out "12 tasks that killer employees e'er destination earlier noon": http://goo.gl/Aj6ws
Most of these tips apply to the self-employed every bit well, past times the way.
"A lot of 18-year-olds are similar onetime men. They intend they've seen everything."
- Ben Folds
Focus non on your "Circle of Concern", exactly solely your "Circle of Influence": http://goo.gl/RcWOHw
What are your values? What produce you lot stand upward for? What are the organizing principles of your life? What are your heart beliefs? What virtues produce you lot aspire to, together with handle inward high regard when you lot encounter them demonstrated past times others? What volition you lot non stand upward for? What would you lot sacrifice for, endure for, together with fifty-fifty give-up the ghost for? These are extremely of import questions that are solely asked past times close iii per centum of the population, together with that little minority tends to endure the movers together with shakers inward every society.
Write Out Your Key Values
When I kickoff began this values clarification practise some years ago, I wrote out a listing of 163 qualities that I aspired to. I intend I eventually came upward alongside every virtue, value or positive descriptive describing word that referred to personality together with graphic symbol inward the dictionary. And I agreed alongside all of them. I felt that they were all of import together with I wanted to contain every unmarried i of them into my character.
Focus on Very Few Core Beliefs
But thus reality sets in. I realized that it is rattling difficult to larn fifty-fifty i novel quality, or to alter fifty-fifty i matter close myself, allow lone dozens of things. So I scaled downwardly my ambitions together with began narrowing the values downwardly to a little reveal that I could handle together with operate with. Once I had settled on close v heart beliefs, I was thus able to acquire to operate on myself together with get making some progress inward graphic symbol development.
Select Your Five Key Values
You should produce the same. You should write downwardly the v values that you lot experience are the most of import for you lot to alive by. Once you lot lead hold those v values, you lot thus organize them inward monastic enjoin of priority. Which is the most of import value inward your hierarchy of values? Which would endure second? Which would endure third, together with thus on?
Learn To Make Better Decisions
Every selection or conclusion you lot brand is based on your values. Whenever you lot create upward one's heed betwixt alternatives, you lot invariably pick out the option that you lot value the most. Because you lot tin solely produce i matter at a time, everything you lot produce is a demonstration of what you lot consider to endure the most of import at that moment. Therefore, organizing your values inward an monastic enjoin of priority is the starting betoken of personal strategic planning. It is solely when you lot are clear close what you lot value, together with inward what order, that you lot are capable of planning together with organizing the other activities of your life.
Here are 2 things you lot tin produce at i time to lay these ideas into action:
1) First, clarify your heart beliefs together with your unifying principles. Write them downwardly together with compare your life today alongside the values that are actually of import to you. How are you lot doing?
2) Second, organize your values inward monastic enjoin of their importance to you. Which of your values is most important? Which is second? And thus on. Do your electrical flow choices reverberate this monastic enjoin of values?
This is the oldest gymnast inward the the world doing her parallel bars practise for Guinness World Records: https://goo.gl/G8Cple
Johanna Quaas volition endure ninety inward November, together with watching this video tin inspire us all to remain to a greater extent than physically active. :)
Arguing alongside [INSERT YOUR LEAST FAVOURITE RELIGIOUS GROUP HERE] is similar playing chess alongside a pigeon;
You could endure the greatest thespian inward the world, exactly the dove volition nonetheless knock over all the pieces, shit on the board together with strut roughly triumphantly.